Virtual Posters (poster presentations)
This year we are going to try a new format for posters. They will be in the form of graphical abstracts/virtual posters. A virtual may consist of several formats including animation and audio. Format details are below. Each presenter will have 2 minutes of screen time where their 'poster' will be displayed on screen. The presenter must be present during the session and can choose to speak for their two minutes or have pre-recorded audio. Each presenter may produce a physical copy of their poster to be displayed during the poster session. We ask that these be AO in size and Landscape orientation. We intend to upload to our YouTube channel and may do this live.
- VIRTUAL POSTER SUBMISSION GUIDELINES
- Preferable video format is MP4
- If you are unable to convert the video to MP4, please make contact for assistance
- Check audio is clear and audible
- Slides should be produced in 16:9 ratio. This can be found in the slide design tab in PowerPoint 3 slide
- Maximum 3 slides, preferably with animation.
- Presenters will not be able to flick through slides, this must occur automatically.
- Check video is clear and audible
- Size is AO
- 100 word limit
- Make sure to have a backup copy with you
- They can be saved on a USB and brought to us
- You file needs to be send to Katharina Bekemeier at ASN Events. Please send via Dropbox, Google Mail, or similar. For questions, please contact Katharina.
- The file needs to be labelled correctly
- SUBMITTING YOUR SUMMARY FOR A GRAPHICAL ABSTRACT/VIRTUAL POSTER
The first step in uploading your summary is to record your personal details on your own ‘dashboard’. If you have already completed it for your registration or another ASN event, you will not have to repeat this, just login to your ‘dashboard’ as a returning delegate. You will be able to upload your summary via your personal 'dashboard'.
You can use your email and password to access your summary submission at any time.
The presenting author must be the person submitting the summary and they must do this from their own ‘dashboard’.
When you've finished the submission you will receive a confirmation email with your Submission Reference Number.
If you do not receive this confirmation email, please contact ASN Events.
The following virtual poster submission categories are available at the AFSS 2018 Conference. Please choose the category that best fits your submission when submitting your summary:
- Indigenous Cultural Flows
- Ecology and Management of Intermittent Streams
- Implementation of Management Strategies in Large Rivers: Lessons from the Colorado River
- Aquatic Conservation
- Freshwater Foodwebs
- Communicating Clear Science
- Crossing the boundaries between Science, Management and Policy
- Citizen Science in Freshwater
- Urban Ecology in a dry climate
- Flow Restoration; Environmental Flows
- Monitoring ecological success of the Murray Darling Plan
- Palaeo-ecology of Freshwater systems
- Climate change adaptation of freshwater systems
- Invasive species control in the River Murray; the National Carp Control Program
- Victorian Waterways Assessment
- Water Policy Implementation
- Innovation/Engineering for Water Science
- Wetland ecology and management
- Fish Biology
- Zooplankton Ecology
- Biogeochemistry and ecosystem processes
FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS
- WHAT DO I NEED TO KNOW BEFORE I START MY SUBMISSION
Are you using one of the following browsers?
INTERNET EXPLORER (ver 5.5 or newer)
NETSCAPE (ver 7.4 or newer) or
MOZILLA (ver 1.3 or newer)
If not the screen will tell you if it detects you are using the wrong software and you would be better to change to a computer with one of the above browsers installed.
Is your summary open and running on your own computer? – You need to be able to cut and paste it onto the web. (Note that keypad short cuts do not work with Mozilla, you need to use the Menu, Edit, Paste command to paste in text to your submission).
Virtual Poster Submission Deadline:
- Summary: 13 July 2018 (extended)
- File: 24 August 2018
- WHEN WILL I FIND OUT MY RESULT?
Notification of programming decisions will come from the secretariat shortly after the expiry of deadlines and the working program will be posted to the web site. It will also appear on your own ‘dashboard’. The notification will include specific presentation instructions but in the interim, those who are preparing an additional physical poster should note the maximum size allowed is 100cm wide by 120cm deep. Velcro will be available to fix the poster to the boards.
- WILL MY SUMMARY BE PUBLISHED ONLINE?
A couple of weeks before the meeting, the final program will be published to this online and will be accessible to delegates on the conference 'app'.